State Load Dispatch Centre
SLDC Design office is mainly looking after implementation, Updation, Up-keep and maintenance of SCADA system in PSTCL. In addition to this, jobs involving use of IT such as implementation of ABT based Boundring Metering scheme in Punjab and design, development & hosting of SLDC Website etc. are also being handled by this office. Punjab State Load Dispatch Centre is setup at Ablowal Patiala.
Major Projects done by SLDC Office
SCADA/EMS: SCADA/EMS (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition/Energy Management System) was successfully implemented by SLDC office under the ULDC Scheme of PGCIL in the year 2002. Existing SCADA/EMS related hardware and software supplied by M/s Areva has been upgraded with M/s Siemens System. Provision of backup control centre for main SLDC control centre has been made under the new system installed by M/s Siemens Ltd.
All the Generating Station of PSPCL, Interstate tie lines, 400KV grid substations, important 220kV & 132kV grid substations of PSTCL have been covered for remote data acquisition and control. For Online data acquisition, PLCC/Optical Fibre communication media is being used at present.
Objectives of SCADA System:
- To get real time data from remote locations.
- To monitor power supply during wide voltage & frequency fluctuations.
- To control Power Load flow from generating stations and other sources/substations.
- To monitor PSTCL share in centrally owned power projects.
- To regulate un-schedule interchanges (UI) under ABT.
- To minimize power cuts and regulate power drawl as per daily allocations/schedules.
Benefits of SCADA System:
- Fast decision making in regulating power supply on the basis of Real time Data availability.
- Availability of Historical data for the purpose of system analysis/ studies.
- Improvement in grid stability.
- Reduction in time for restoration of the grid system to normal position in case of abnormality/failure.
- Monitoring and regulation of inter-state power transfer/ sale of power and maintaining grid drawls as per allocations.
- The power controller responsible for management of power supply position in entire state of Punjab is able to get the real time information of power supply position throughout the Punjab, earlier which was taken telephonically.
Design, development & hosting of SLDC Web-Site: SLDC office took a challenging task to design, develop and host Punjab SLDC Website though its internal man power resources and completed the task with in time. Punjab SLDC Website was hosted during June 2010.
Projects in hand
Expansion of SCADA/EMS: Projects under the scheme include:
- Procurement, Installation, Integration of new RTUs with SCADA/EMS.
- Upgradation of existing SCADA/EMS with Siemens SCADA/EMS under ULDC Phase – II.
Implementation of ABT based Metering scheme in Punjab: Presently, this office has finalized the technical specification of 0.2s accuracy class ABT (Availability Based Tariff) type meters subject to the revision in Punjab State Grid Code, as per the recommendations of Commercial and Metering Committee (CMC) which are to be installed at Open Access consumer premises and Intrastate Boundaries.